Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Favorite Place: La Ville-Lumière

There are truly no rivals in cuisine, architecture, rich history, or beauty to the City of Lights. I visited Paris for a week during my junior year of high school with my dad who used to travel frequently with his job. He took me around to see some of the most amazing famous landmarks I had ever seen and we ate at little cafes down streets that looked like alleys compared to American streets. All the while I was able to practice French and make amazing memories of cobblestone roads and palaces so rich with luxury the halls practically sang. That week, I made some of the most amazing memories I have, and I would go back in a hearbeat to see this beautiful city once again.


(1) A beautiful nighttime view of l'arc de triomphe in Paris, France.
Photo from: Pixabay

3 comments:

  1. I also LOVE Paris. I was there for Bastille Day in the summer of 2015, and it remains on of my absolute favorite memories. I am a huge history buff, and have a deep appreciation for art, so Paris was a dream. Going to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, visiting Sacré-Cœur, and touring the Louvre were my favorite things to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I also fell in love with the city of lights! Growing up I watched the "Devil Wears Prada" and always wanted to go to Paris after seeing that movie. There is truly no place like Paris, the city is always so lively. I am a huge art person too and I could have spent days exploring the Louvre, I was blown away by the history and the amazing pieces of art that were all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so beautiful. I also hope to go to Paris one day. The closest I have gone is been in the airport at Paris but never in the actual city. I am so jealous that you got to go. I have, however, been do london for a day. From what I saw it was beautiful. I think Europe overall is a such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete